Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Bob Woolmer - R.I.P

The entire world was shocked to learn of Bob Woolmer’s now ‘suspicious’ death in Jamaica. There were glowing tributes from across the cricketing world. A great strategist and a brilliant student of the game, Bob will be missed. I just hope there is a thorough investigation and the world gets to know the truth behind his death.
"Bob Woolmer had such a massive influence on my cricket career, and I know that there are countless cricketers around the globe who are just as devastated as I am by his sudden passing. Bob literally gave his life for the game he loved so dearly, and while he had already made such an immense contribution to cricket, his premature death has deprived the game of someone who still had so much to offer the cricketing community. My thoughts and prayers are with Gill and the family." - Jonty Rhodes
Check the full coverage of Bob Woolmer's passing on Cricinfo.