Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Dilip Sardesai

Former India Test batsman Dilip Sardesai died in Mumbai after suffering a multiple organ failure. He was 66. For a warm tribute to this great player read: Playing with head and heart

Dilip Sardesai's peers paid glowing tributes

Incidentally read Faroukh Engineer’s "tribute"
He was a very defensive batsman, though technically correct than me. But he would always ask me how I could manage to hit boundaries and sixes. I would get sometimes frustrated at his inability to rotate the strike as he couldn't drop the bat and take the single which I did. He would sort of plead, "I'm trying". But he was a lovely opening partner, and just like my other opening partner Sunil Gavaskar, he had tremendous confidence and patience.
Correct me if I am wrong, but Faroukh’s verbal diarrhea doesn’t exactly sound like a tribute to Dilip Sardesai. Is it that difficult to say a couple of nice things about a guy who has passed on? Is it that difficult to focus on somebody else for a minute? Maybe Faroukh was excited on getting a call from a reporter.

Rest in peace Dilip Sardesai.

No comments: